Emerge Louisiana’s 2019 Spring Internship Program
Emerge Louisiana recruits, trains and provides a powerful network for Democratic women interested in running for office. Emerge Louisiana is the only in-depth, six-month training program that inspires Democratic women to run, giving them the tools to win in Louisiana. We are part of a national network that includes affiliates in 24 states, and our mission is to increase the number of Democratic women in all levels of public office. We’re a great team to join as an intern. Here’s why.
Top 3 Reasons to Join the Emerge Louisiana Team:
- Hands on experience. This is not a ‘pick up my coffee’ kind of internship. You will get the chance to play an integral role in fundraising, event planning, alumnae communications, media outreach and other real-world skills. You will gain an understanding of the democratic platform, learn successful strategies for political campaigning, and expose yourself to a diverse network of politically engaged individuals. You will challenge yourself to achieve personal goals as you assist in advancing the mission of Emerge Louisiana.
- We want you to thrive. At Emerge Louisiana, you will be an important member of a national network that is transforming the face of American politics. You will receive mentorship from our senior staff and training to hone your ability to build a diverse and robust network. You will have the opportunity to participate in political events such as fundraisers and discussions, learning about the public sector and community involvement.
- Our participant must commit 20 hours per week for the entirety of the Spring Semester (January through June). Our workspace is located in New Orleans. Hours are flexible. Internship applicants must be current students.
Qualities you should possess:
- Passion for the advancement of women in politics.
- Eager to participate in and learn the ins and outs of a political organization.
- Be a proactive problem solver.
- Possess a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Familiar with general office operations;
- Professional and clear communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking over the phone;
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn;
- Comfortable with technology.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a thoughtful letter of interest and a resume. Please write “Your Name – Emerge Louisiana Spring Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This internship is unpaid, but travel reimbursements will be provided if you are asked to travel for spring recruitment sessions.
Emerge Louisiana strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019