Do you want to help Democratic women across Louisiana run for office and win? Are you committed to seeing the next generation of leaders elevate the level of discourse across the state and drive policy outcomes that will benefit all Louisianans? Apply to serve below if you are:
• Passionate about getting diverse women elected across Louisiana.
• Dedicated to the mission of Emerge and will use your time, talent, and resources to support and grow the organization.
• Committed to centering the values of Equity and Justice in our work.
• Experienced in Louisiana politics, public service, campaigns, advocacy, organizing, media, fundraising, or related work.
Cabinet Member Roles & Responsibilities
Advise and support the Executive Director in formulating and executing the following activities of the organization:
• Strategy: Political targeting, campaign resources, communications.
• Organizing: Cohort recruitment, partnerships, voter engagement.
• Operations: Signature trainings, alumnae programming, fundraising.
Cabinet Member Expectations:
• Attend quarterly Cabinet meetings and actively participate in workgroups – time commitment will be contingent on subject-matter involvement.
• Serve a two-year term, with the opportunity to renew for subsequent two year terms, up to five terms, for a total of ten years.
• Act as an ambassador for Emerge and represent the organization in a positive and professional way.
• Fundraising commitment to write or raise $1,000 annually for Emerge Louisiana.